Garmin Forerunner Cheap GPS Running Watches$50
Data Tracking Features8/10
Range of watches available7/10
- Long battery life
- High-sensitivity GPS receivers
- More accurate data than a smartphone
- Cheap and affordable
- Simple and easy to use
- Older models
- No Bluetooth
- No wireless syncing
- No daily activity tracking
Are You Looking For A Cheap Garmin GPS Running Watch?
Garmin are one of the market leaders with their broad range of GPS running watches, however some of the latest models are expensive. You may be a beginner runner and not quite ready to part with your hard earned cash, or interested in just a basic model to capture the essential running data.
You may also be interested in the Garmin Forerunner 230 and 235. Ideal for beginners and intermediate runners alike, these watches contain some of the latest features including smart notifications and wrist based heart rate (235 only).
Cheap Running Watches Still Capture Essential Fitness Data
The following cheap Forerunner GPS running watches still capture the essential running data that you need. They are cheap due to their age. You may decide it’s worth starting out with one of these as a beginner before buying one of the new models with extra and more modern features. As an example the latest Garmin watches include daily activity tracking, wrist-based heart rate monitor and a stronger GPS signal for built-up urban areas.
Garmin Forerunner 10 – Best Selling Cheap GPS Running Watch 2013
Garmin Forerunner 10 was originally released in 2013 and won a number of awards for being one of the best entry level running watches of the year. Available in a range of bright colors to match your kit and 2 different sizes for men and women, Forerunner 10 really is a simple to use running watch which captures how far, how fast and where you run.
Forerunner 10 Key Features
- GPS running watch
- Tracks how far, how fast and where you run
- Start running with just the press of a button
- Identifies personal records
- Virtual Pacer compares current pace to target
- Plan, review and share runs at Garmin Connect
- Training features: Auto lap for mile splits, Virtual pacer
Garmin Forerunner 15 – Best Selling Cheap GPS Running Watch 2014
Garmin Forerunner 15 is an upgrade to the previous Forerunner 10 and captures essential statistics like time, distance, pace and heart rate. Forerunner 15 also includes activity tracking features to count your steps and the calories burnt during the day. You can also pair Forerunner 15 with a heart rate monitor to run in different heart rate zones to improve your aerobic fitness.
Read more about the Garmin Forerunner 15 cheap GPS running watch with a range of colors and sizes for both men and women.
Forerunner 15 Key Features
All the best features of older Forerunner 10 but including:
- Activity tracking reminds you when it’s “time to move” and captures your steps and daily activity, even when you are not running
- Heart rate monitor compatibility to track heart rate and zone data
- Pair with a foot pod for accurate speed and distance, indoors or on a treadmill
Garmin Forerunner 110 – Cheap GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
If you’re new to running, out of shape or looking for a more active lifestyle, Forerunner 110 can help kick-start your fitness. Or, if you’re a serious runner that just wants the basics, Forerunner 110 will give you the vital, accurate data you need.
Garmin Forerunner 210 – Simple to use GPS Running Watch
Health and fitness fan stuck in a rut or feeling a bit rusty and in need of a new sporting challenge? Give your training the Forerunner 210 treatment for the simplicity of the 110 plus enhanced training features for the option of taking your fitness further – at your own pace.
Forerunner 210 Key Features
- Displays speed, pace, time and heart rate
- Available with easy-to-use, premium soft strap heart rate monitor
- Advanced Heart Rate based calorie computation
- Plan review and share runs at Garmin Connect
- Training features: Auto lap for mile splits, intervals, heart rate zones and alerts
Garmin Forerunner 410
Sleek and streamlined, the seriously smart Forerunner 410 helps take your running to the next level. Create detailed workouts to help you reach your goal and accurately record your time, pace, distance, elevation and more.
Forerunner 410 Key Features
- Quickly scroll through and select features on the run with the sensitive touch bezel control
- Premium soft strap heart rate monitor with advanced heart rate based calorie computation
- Adjustable soft wrist band attachment
- ANT+ enabled (wireless upload to computer)
- Compatible with micro foot pod
- Plan review and share runs at Garmin Connect
Garmin Forerunner 610 with Waterproof Touchscreen Display
Train for the top with the touchscreen Forerunner 610 – the smartest GPS sportswatch that will coach you to your full potential. Loaded with serious training features, and with full touchscreen control for swift access to essential running data all displayed in brilliant clarity, it puts you on track for serious results – whether you’re chasing a title or reaching for a new level of fitness. Follow a training plan pace-by-pace and discover unique coaching features that will push you towards your best performance with a new level of motivation. Forerunner 610 displays the most comprehensive run data, with detailed training planning and spurs you on to the next level with Virtual Partner, new Virtual Racer and vibration training alerts.
Forerunner 610 Key Features
- Total touchscreen control
- Compete against previous runs and other people with Virtual Racer
- Virtual Partner shows progress against target pace
- Heart rate-based training with Training Effect shows workout intensity
- Interval, zone and advanced workouts
- Pace, speed, distance and heart rate audible/vibrate alerts
- Wireless data transfer
- Review, relive and replay your runs online at Garmin Connect