Garmin Forerunner 15
Activity & Step Tracking8/10
Accurate GPS Tracking9/10
- Simple and easy to use
- Compatible with Garmin heart rate monitor
- Daily activity tracking features
- Can be paired with Garmin footpod and used indoors
- Range of colors and 2 sleek sizes
- Can't create custom workouts
- Limited screen data fields
- No wireless sync with Garmin Connect
- Slow to find GPS satellites
- No mobile app support
Garmin Forerunner 15 – Essential GPS Running Watch, Best for Beginners
Garmin Forerunner 15 is an easy to use GPS running watch which captures essential running data, making it one of the best running watches for beginners. If you’re fairly new to running the Garmin Forerunner 15 is perfect. It captures the stats you need such as time, distance, pace and heart rate. Forerunner 15 also has daily activity tracking features seen on fitness bands ideal if you need to keep active throughout the day. It includes a daily step counter, ‘time to move’ alerts and calories burnt. You can upload and share your run data at Garmin Connect the free online training application.
Best GPS Running Watch for Beginners 2014
Forerunner 15 is one of Garmin’s best beginners running watch and combines features found on the earlier Forerunner 10 and the Vivofit fitness band and activity tracker. Forerunner 15 is available in a range of sporty colors and sizes so appeals to both men and women. You can also pair FR15 with a Garmin heart rate monitor to get data on heart rate zones while running, something you couldn’t do on the earlier FR10.
One of the key differences between the Forerunner 15 and the earlier Forerunner 10 are the daily activity tracking features and the ability to pair with a Garmin heart rate monitor. Forerunner 15 tracks your daily steps, distance and calories burned. It also adds the GPS technology that Garmin is famous for, so you can accurately record your running data. Forerunner 15 has 5 weeks battery life when used as daily activity tracker or 8 hours in GPS/running mode, if you think you might be running for that long!
Garmin Forerunner 15 – Best Beginners Watch Features:
- Tracks distance, pace, heart rate, steps, calories and personal records
- Activity tracking reminds you when it’s “time to move” and captures your steps and daily activity, even when you are not running
- Heart rate monitor compatibility to track heart rate and zone data
- Pair with a foot pod for accurate speed and distance indoors or on a treadmill
- Long battery life: 8 hours in training mode or 5 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode
- Virtual Pacer feeds back on your target pace
- Review your stats and relive your run on Garmin Connect
- Water-resistant, light and high-sensitivity GPS for challenging conditions
- Stylish and comfortable – it’s an everyday watch
Upload your Forerunner 15 Data to Garmin Connect
If you’re already familiar with the Garmin Forerunner range then you’ll know about Garmin Connect, which is the powerful online application for uploading and keeping track of your activity data. However unlike the Forerunner 620 or the Forerunner 920XT, the Forerunner 15 can’t be used with the mobile version of the Garmin Connect app (OS and Android). Forerunner 15 needs to be connected to your computer via the USB charging cable and data uploaded using Garmin Express. Once your data is uploaded you’ll be able to see your runs on a map, get pace and heart rate information, share with friends and more.
Garmin Forerunner 15 Review Summary
The Garmin Forerunner 15 is one of the best running watches available for beginners. It comes with a range of easy to use features, a range of colors and sizes, and is a great running watch for both men and women. Forerunner 15 is also highly accurate, waterproof, supports a Garmin heart rate monitor and has excellent battery life. With the added daily activity tracking (similar to the Garmin Vivofit fitness band and activity tracker) you will be hitting your fitness targets in no time.
Check Garmin Forerunner 15 Prices
Garmin Forerunner 10 – Essential GPS Running Watch
Read Amazon customer reviews for the Garmin Forerunner 15: